Friday 4 May 2012

About me.

About me.

Hi there. Welcome to my Blog! I am a Qualified Beautician and Nail Technician with over 10 years in the business. I decided to start this blog to share beauty knowledge  i have discovered over  the 10 years Qualified, and much more by  just being a woman with a passion for all things beauty.  I want to share info and secrets as a way to empower women. I know what it is like to have no confidence.  I hope to make ladies young and old feel better about themselves. If we are feeling good inside we show it on the out side. We are all beautiful, we just need to feel it. Make up can give us that boost of confidence to help us get that job, find that love. It should never be a mask, just an  enhancement of our good  bits and a blur for our bad bits. As we get older we need that extra bit of help too. So i will be bringing tips and tricks for young and old, head to toe, to enhance and empower.


Where it began!
I always wanted to be a beautician. My earliest memories were of cutting my dolls hair and giving them smokey eyes with markers. My dolls looked like a horror show. I loved to go to Woolsworth Shops, (we didn't have boots then) or Clerys and walk in the door, the smell of the make up and products, the colours, i was in heaven. I loved when my Mum would get a magazine, i would cut out articles and pictures of make up and eyebrows and scrap book them on rainy days.  My Mum was really good friends with her hairdresser Mrs Brown. I would go with my Mum when she got her hair done. I was mesmerised by the chairs, mirrors, hair products. I would sit and watch intently at the hair being done. Mrs Brown would give me empty bottles which i would take them  home and fill them with water and pretend to do my dolls hair. I dreamt of having my own salon. The xmass present i loved the most was my Girls World. It was amazing. It was a dolls head and bust.  I could make the hair long or short. There were shampoos, conditioner, make up, brushes etc. I spent hours playing with it. By 13 i was performing make overs on my friends. I would shape eyebrows and do nails. At 15 i had a part time job and saved money for my first waxing kit. I used to wax my Aunts lip and chin and eyebrows. My sister in the 80's got me a make up book which had a palette with eye shadows, blusher, eyeliner, lipstick and mascara, every thing i needed to create the looks in the book. Would you believe i still have it today. The palette ran out though.
I ate slept and drank beauty. By the time i left school at 18, there was no money for college so i had to go straight to working and giving my parents money.  I worked in a Jewellery shop, photo shop , full time.  I married young and had a daughter. I got side tracked with my dream of being a beautician. Sadly i lost my Mum through cancer and my marriage ended. I got the money to go to college and i finally realised my dream. I ate the books, i lapped up every piece of information possible, passed with flying colours. This was the opportunity i had waited for. I wasn't going to waste it. The best day of my life apart from having my daughter was receiving my diplomas. 


My favourite book is Face Forward by Kevin Aucoin. Not only was he a genius, he was a lovely person. The things he could do with make up. Kevin said
"They say normally only 10% of the human brain is ever used. I believe this is often true of our hearts and spirits as well. I believe that we are here on this planet to make the  most of what we've got and who we are, and contribute to the world so it's a little better when we leave it. I'm not saying that putting on make up will change the world or even your life, but it can be a first step in learning things about yourself  you may never have discovered otherwise."


And where i am!
 I have been fat, i have been thin, i have lived abroad, i speak a second language, I'm a mum, a cook, I've been on a Parents Association, I've organised events, done charity work, worked since i was 14,  an ex smoker, run my own business, a beautician, a nail tech, a special needs assistant,  the list is endless. I have a lot of life experience under my belt. And a lot of experience with the public, and i have tried a lot of products in my time. I've gotten it right, I've gotten it wrong. I'm learning and discovering new things all the time. I'm busy doing eyebrow threading, tanning, nails, waxing etc


The Blog!
With this blog i hope to bring you the latest trends in Hair, Make up and Fashion. I will be creating looks the Celebs are doing, in  Get the Look. I will bring you Celeb Gossip. I will be testing the latest products and reviewing them in Product Review. I will give you tips and tricks. Hair, skincare, body etc.
It would be nice to hear your comments. Feel free to ask questions,   so i know i am not talking to myself. Be part of  this blog and become a follower, tell a friend. When you visit my page scroll to the bottom and click on support me gadget to help educate young African girls. It's free.  I hope my blog will be of help and interest to you. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it.


bglammie ;-) xx 


All products i use and review are bought by me with my own money. I am not affiliated with any cosmetic companies, or are being paid to review any of the products mentioned in this blog or on any of my youtube videos.








To my Baby Girl. (not so baby anymore)
Thank you for the joy and the love you have given me, i never knew what love really was until you entered my life.  I am so proud of you and continue to become more proud day by day. You are my life, my love, my inspiration, my strength, my heart.  Times haven't been the easiest, but you made even the hard times fun. I am so privileged to call you my daughter. You are intelligent, grace full, with a beautiful soul.  You are beauty, inside and out. Love you xx


To BB. Thank you for being my sister. Without you we wouldn't have survived. You have been my rock. I'm very proud of you. You are a strong, courageous, independent, intelligent, beautiful woman. A role model and  a second mum to my girl. A friend and the voice of reason and stability to me. I may not say it as often as i should, Love you xx








No comments:

Post a Comment